How I Try & Maintain Healthy Hair:

Hello Fellow Bloggers! 

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while, I have been busy while getting back into the new but familiar environment of sixth form. So throughout this year I've been trying out different products on my hair to try and keep it reasonably healthy and I think I've finally found a routine of some sort that I'm quite liking so I thought I'd share it with you all. 


1. Hair masks:

I'm not going to lie but before this year I didn't even think to use a hair mask until I came across a YouTuber called Maddie Bruce; when she did a video on her channel about her haircare routine, this instantly made me go out and invest in a hair mask. The one I bought and am still currently loving is the L'OREAL Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil - Nourishing Mask Balm which is enriched with 6 micro flower oils and smells a-ma-zing! However, in the summer months, I have been using L'OREAL's alternative of this mask which is more or less exactly the same but their summer edition- the Summer Saviour Nourishing Mask for dry, sun- exposed hair. This mask is brilliant for summer as it helps care for hair damaged by the sun, salt and chlorine and is meant to leave your hair easy to detangle and silky smooth. I definitely think it's not hard to brush your hair after using these products as it leaves your hair feeling super soft! I really do recommend going to get a hair mask if you don't already own one now, it really does make a difference to your hair after just one wash! 

2. The Washing Process:

Now when it comes to washing my hair I try to stick to shampoos and conditioners from either Herbal Essences or Alberto Balsam as they seem to work best on my hair and they're the most affordable, especially Alberto Balsam. However, again I tend to change things up in the summer as I tend to suffer from a dry scalp when my hairs been exposed to the sun for far too long so I use the Head and Shoulders range to help protect my hair and help it fight against dandruff. But to be completely honest, I don't have a favourite shampoo or conditioner when it comes to washing my hair, I just mix n match! Although, when I was in America I picked up one of Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Smooth Conditioner's with 24hr frizz control and I've been loving it ever since! It does exactly what it says and controls my frizzy hair and gives me a glossy-sleek shine afterwards.

I brush my hair with my paddle brush after I've washed/conditioned it- I will eventually invest in a tangle teezer, I just haven't got the time or the budget to go shopping for hair products just yet! 


3. The Drying Process:

I rarely use heat on my hair when it comes to drying it, meaning I rarely use hairdryers! I only ever use a hairdryer to dry my hair on special occasions, if it really needs heat, e.g for volume. When I dry my hair with a hairdryer it leaves my hair feeling dry and I end up looking like I've got a lions mane on my head. So after I've washed my hair, I'll use a towel to gently squeeze out the excess water- but without rubbing on the hair too hard as this can damage the hair. I usually wash my hair in the evening so it dries a bit before I go to bed and then overnight. 

4. Oils and caring for my hair in general:

Once I have washed my hair I tend to use either The Ultimate Blends- The Sleek Perfector Oil with Pure Coconut Oil for dry, frizzy hair or The Ultimate Blends- The Strength Restorer Serum with Honey Bee Propolis. This serum is especially for fragile hair prone to breakage and it targets split ends- which I am a massive fan of! Both of these oils/serums keep my hair feeling super smooth but the Strength Restorer Serum is the one I tend to use on a regular basis as it strengthens the hair- especially damaged tips. I have coloured my hair in the past so my tips are still prone to breakage and this serum really does the job in helping repair and protect. So I definitely recommend!  

TIP: Sometimes if I have run out of my hair mask I will put my coconut oil all over my hair and then put it up into a bun, I usually do this on a Friday night and then wash it off the next day/night and this leaves my hair feeling more restored/smooth- you can do this with any hair oil you like, it just leaves your hair feeling less dry and more smooth. 


5. Styling:

I try and not use much heat on my hair- but I do fail on that quite a lot of the time! I either straighten my hair- which requires heat protectant don't forget! Or I plait my hair from when I've just washed it, also I've found a brilliant way of getting curly hair without using heat, from just wet hair! - check the link out, its hairstyle 4 (around 5:21), it looks a lot better in person- this was the only video I could find for some reason so let me know in the comments or on Twitter if you'd like an actual blogpost on how I do it personally.

Question of the week: How do you maintain healthy hair? Let me know in the comments below. 


Jemma x x


(Info about all the products and where you can get them are in the links above :) x) 

Comments

Popular Posts