Little ways to make life easier | Motivational Season Project

Hello fellow bloggers!

This week I wanted to write a blog post on how to make life a little easier and staying organised. Balancing a blog, college and everyday life is challenging and I find it hard myself to be organised. Not going to lie, I am the worst at being organised but I have found a few things to help me along the way...

Notebooks, Diaries & Planners | 

On my birthday (back in March) I received a diary/planner sort of thing. I had seen it in Tesco's before with my sister and fell in love with it. I loved it because it meant that it would encourage me to take notes and stay organised. It is a 2016/17 diary (July to July) so I have started writing my plans, appointments, to-do lists, and everything else I need to remember in it. Some people may find notebooks more helpful as they don't limit you to a one-page spread, however I like knowing where I am and what I'm doing. Although, notebooks are usual for class notes and noting down blog ideas. So I have a few for those purposes too. 

Simple Notepads & Sticky Notes |

These are so so usual for when you're in a rush. Sticky notes are literally my go-to for when I need to write down something I need to remember or need to write down something quickly. As with a simple notepad that you can just tear off when you need it. Trust me, these will save you when you're in a rush and you need to write down a phone number etc. 

Set a schedule |

Now I personally wish I did this more as I would get a lot more done that way. When you make a schedule and start going along with it, you eventually stick to it. For example, if you're like me and need to fit stuff in around college hours then make a schedule! Firstly, write out how many hours you need to or want to do of what then fit it in around your days. Once you have planned them and written them down the more likely you are to actually stick to them. 

Prioritise the important stuff in life |

I think we all get a bit carried away in life and prioritise certain things. It's easy to do the things you want to do rather than do the things that actually need doing. I do this all the time. The amount of times I spend watching my favourite tv shows, or going on YouTube instead of actually doing my college work is ridiculous. I generally procrastinate because I hate studying and don't enjoy the thought of it. However, at the end of the day I have realised I can watch YouTube and binge watch all my fav shows all summer and that it's better to prioritise in the long run. 

Don't be afraid to ask for help in life | 

I have always been told this and constantly shrugged it off. Not for the fact I didn't need the help, for the fact I was too scared to ask for the help. I have learnt this year, if you're struggling with something, ask for help, and if you're struggling with you're workload, ask or speak to someone about it. There's no point in sitting there in silence worrying. As my mum has always said to me there is always probably going to be someone else in your class/workplace that is having the exact same problem as you or doesn't understand like you. 

Take time out for yourself |

Taking time out to relax is really important and most of us don't do it enough. If you aren't getting anywhere with what you want to be doing it can be quite frustrating and it will only stress you out more. Take a break, sit back, run a bath, have a cup of tea, read a book. 
Do something useful to help you relax and revisit what you were doing with a clear head. You're more likely to enjoy the task if you're not stressing about anything and everything, and you will also find that you are more likely to tackle it more quickly and effectively that way. 

I hope this posts helps you with making life that little bit easier! Let me know what makes your life easier in the comments below or via twitter! 

Jemma x 




Comments

Popular Posts